We’re inviting you to attend a FREE CLIENT APPRECIATION WORKSHOP.
Attend this event and you’ll be entitled to receive a FREE, no obligation Legacy Wealth Planning Consultation (worth $750) to discuss the issues that are most important to you and help you learn how to preserve your Legacy for future generations.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2021
12:00Noon TO 2:00PM
SHERATON HARTFORD SOUTH HOTEL
100 Capital Boulevard
ROCKY HILL, CT 06067
(Lunch Will Be Served)
JOIN US AT A FREE CLIENT APPRECIATION WORKSHOP CONDUCTED BY ATTORNEY BARRY HOROWITZ AND LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO BRING YOUR ESTATE PLAN UP TO DATE AND HAVE IT FUNCTION PROPERLY IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPENS NOW.
Attorney Barry Horowitz
Nirenstein, Horowitz & Associates Estate Planning Attorney Barry D. Horowitz will be speaking to their clients about Legacy Wealth Planning. Mr. Horowitz is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, and holds a Master of Law degree in Tax Law from NYU. Mr. Horowitz’s seminars are informative and easy to understand.
He has published a book entitled Guiding Those Left Behind in Connecticut, and has recently debuted his newest book, Estate Planning for What Matters Most: Pass on Your Wisdom and Priceless Moments.
This workshop allows us to give you this important information in a safe, comfortable environment. The speaker at “The Best Things in Life Aren’t Things” will explain how you can include a lasting and meaningful Legacy with your estate plan and help your family understand how your plan will affect them once you pass on. It also addresses the disturbing real-life issues of today’s families. Some of those issues are listed below.
- One out of two marriages and 40% of first marriages in the U.S. end in divorce. More than 75% of divorced couples get remarried. What happens to your inheritance if your child or grandchild gets divorced?
- The U.S. Census Bureau stated 1,300 new stepfamilies are formed every day. Over 50% of U.S. families are remarried or re-coupled. What happens if you become divorced and remarry? Are your children protected?
- Family disputes continue to overwhelm the probate courts. In 2017, over 40% of probate matters dealt with decedents’ estates. The remaining 60% dealt with other family matters like adoption and conservatorships.
- Average nursing home costs in Connecticut for 2018 were $154,212 or $12,851 a month, which can quickly deplete your nest egg.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
Do you have any of these concerns?
- Have you kept your trust up to date?
- If a trustee has passed away, do you have a secondary trustee? If a beneficiary has passed away, are they still named in your trust?
- If you or a child have divorced and/or remarried, have you ensured the ex-spouse is not entitled to an inheritance? Have you made sure your children’s inheritance is protected?
- Have you been blessed with additional children or grandchildren? Have they been added to your trust?
- Is your trust fully-funded? Have you bought or sold any assets? An unfunded trust can be worse than having no trust at all. Our experienced funding paralegal is more than willing to help you.
- Have you kept up with changes in the laws? Tax laws and Powers of Attorney have changed dramatically in the last three years.
- Have you taken advantage of having your trust reviewed by us at no charge in the last three years?
We really cannot answer these kinds of questions in a telephone call so we developed a workshop to educate people about these issues. We made sure that all workshops are held in a safe, sanitized environment. We abide by the latest CDC guidelines. We would never intentionally put anyone’s health at risk.