Co-Authored by Attorney Barry Horowitz
and Attorney Amelia E. Pohl
Guiding Those Left Behind refers to the things that need to be done in order to settle an Estate in Connecticut. The purpose of this book is to guide the reader through the process. It explains:
- How to tend to the funeral and burial
- What agencies need to be notified of the death
- How to locate the decedent?s property
- What bills need (and do not need) to be paid
- How to determine who is entitled to inherit the decedent?s property
- How to transfer the decedent?s property to the proper beneficiary
We devoted a chapter to each of these 6 steps; and for those who are in charge of settling an Estate, we placed a Checklist at the end of Chapter 6 summarizing the things that need to be done.
Once you read Chapters 1 through 6 you will be able to identify those problems that can happen when someone dies. Using those Chapters as a base, you can setup your own Estate Plan so that your family is not burdened by similar problems. The rest of the book (Chapters 7, 8 & 9) suggests different methods you can use to accomplish this goal.