Nirenstein, Horowitz & Associates books
Nirenstein, Horowitz & Associates
Estate Planning For What Matters Most
Co-Authored by Attorneys:
Jeffrey A. Nirenstein & Barry D. Horowitz
with Robert Armstrong and Sanford M. Fisch
When thinking ahead to the future and how to ensure your loved ones are safe and sound, many people neglect to consider some of the most important issues: what happens in cases of incapacity or death? These topics can be uncomfortable, so far too many people forego estate planning altogether or make a simple will before checking estate planning off their list and putting it out of their mind.
The reality is, estate planning involves much more than just focusing on who inherits assets when you pass on, how those assets are transferred, and how to save on costs associated with the estate planning process.
While these were primary concerns of those select few who made estate plans in the past, modern society and modern families have become far more complicated and it is not just financial issues at stake today when you consider the legacy that you want to leave for your loved ones.
Changes to federal and state laws have also made things like estate tax avoidance secondary considerations for many families because while reducing estate tax used to be a primary reason for creating an estate plan, far fewer people today are subject to this tax.
With legal and societal changes occurring at a rapid pace, old estate planning tools and techniques are no longer sufficient to accommodate the needs of many individuals and families. Instead, it has become important to embrace new ways of thinking about the estate planning process.
You will be introduced to these new approaches in our informative and comprehensive new book Estate Planning for What Matters Most: Pass on Your Wisdom and Priceless Moments. This book goes far deeper than most guides to estate planning, while still introducing new ways of thinking about your legacy in an easy-to-understand and readable fashion.
If you are not 100% sure you have put the right plans in place to fully protect your assets and autonomy while addressing the needs of your modern family, this book is for you.
Estate Planning for What Matters Most will empower you to take control over your future and your family’s financial destiny. You will learn vital strategies and techniques to:
- Grant strong protection for the inheritance you wish to provide for loved ones, especially in blended family situations.
- Protect your wealth and your legacy if your surviving spouse marries again after you pass on.
- Keep your hard-earned wealth safe from loss, including claims by creditors, frivolous lawsuits, and unexpected risks.
- Reduce the costs of state and federal taxes that could be triggered by your death or by the transfer of your wealth.
- Prepare to cover costly long-term care or nursing home care costs if you need long-term care and ensure you are able to qualify for Medicaid benefits without impoverishing yourself if you need these care costs covered.
- Provide for the special needs of your heirs, including disabled loved ones who may rely on means-tested benefits that could be lost if they inherit directly.
- Ensure that assets, including family heirlooms, real property, and personal property can pass quickly and cost-effectively to loved ones with the minimum of stress.
- Ensure minor children are appropriately cared for and receive financial support if something happens to parents before children reach adulthood.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. In Estate Planning for What Matters Most, esteemed estate planning attorneys offer you a comprehensive overview of the issues your estate plan should address and provide insight into tools you can use and processes you should consider.
Throughout the book, you will discover a new, holistic approach to estate planning that prepares you to approach the estate planning process with a strategy that will allow you to achieve your goals during your lifetime and after your death. You’ll also learn of common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid that could cost your family.
You work hard all your life to make a difference in the lives of people you love and the causes you care about. You shouldn’t put your legacy at risk by neglecting to make an estate plan using the tools that are right for you. Estate Planning for What Matters Most ensures you can craft the comprehensive plan you need to make the most of your life’s work.
To obtain your copy and to find out more about how our estate planning attorneys can help you, give us a call today.